Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ben Carson
  • Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty
  • His mother and father divorced.
  • His mother cam from a family of 24 children
  • His mother couldn't read
  • His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
  • Ben was the worst student in his grade school class
  • Ben becomes top student in his school
  • Ben becomes a world renowned doctor
Student Success Statement
"I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that. It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change that."
                  -Dr. Ben Carson 

Reflection: To me, this quote means that we have a choice in our life, to be poor or to work hard. Living in poverty is the choice of the person according to Carson, because how high up you climb that ladder to success all depends on the work your willing to give to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment